Sunday, March 22, 2015

Little Things that Make Me Happy!

I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: a glass of wine, 
a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. Nothing else - 
Nikos Kazantzakis, Zorba the Greek

Happiness is indeed a very personal thing, something that depends utterly on our own selves. We are the masters of our own joys and what may provide us with happiness may be the transmitter of sadness for someone else. We may possess all the riches of this world, we may have name and fame that is spread far and wide but if we are not happy, and I do not mean an exterior show of happiness, then all the money, the name and the fame are pretty much futile.

If I had to modify the above quote tailored for me it would be something like this:

I felt once more how simple and frugal a thing is happiness: witnessing a stunning sunrise, 
a day spent with friends, a bit of gardening, watching a cricket match lazing on the couch and then blogging about it, spending time with the family, the sound of the sea. Nothing else – DS

Some things that make me happy are:

Watching a Sunrise!!

I am a huge lover of nature and I will do anything to watch a dazzling sunrise. I have woken up at 5 and been on the terrace waiting for the sunrise in the chilly December months. Oh! What joy it is to see the mist slowly rise up and the sun break through the clouds amidst crazy colors that are spread across the huge canvas by God! I also love watching the stars in the night and have spent hours staring at the dark black sky just lost watching them twinkle in the sky.

Watching a Cricket Match!

I am a huge Cricket buff and will do anything to watch a match. I have missed college exams just to sit in the hostel mess and enjoy the match with a bunch of friends, I have taken holidays from my job to watch cricket and like many cricket fans I always have a cricket website open in office or while I am blogging at home.

Blogging!

My love for Cricket, when combined for my love for blogging is pretty much unparalleled! It gives me immense joy and happiness to first do the analysis of an upcoming match and then see how it all unfolds and finally blog about the whole affair. With the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 going on, I have already written almost 70 comprehensive articles on cricket in 45 days and am still going strong!

Reading a Book!

How nice it would be to just spend your day cuddled up in a warm blanket and read your favorite book? I love reading and the characters come alive when I read, I usually become so engrossed in the book that the boundaries between reality and fiction often dissipate into thin air!

Spending Quality Time with Family and Friends!!

I love it when I am at home, spending time with my parents and my sister. Family is something that stands by you in all situations, they are the pillar of strength and the source of inspiration in most of the things that we do and their happiness is the single biggest source of happiness for me. I did my engineering living in a hostel and made some great friends, they are like a second family to me. I love talking to them or going out with them, we talk about anything and everything, share things with each other and seek opinions from each other. Those hostel memories mean a lot to me and bring a smile to my face even on a tough day!

There are so many little things that give us happiness, that bring a smile to our lips, that brighten our day and which give us the strength and vigor to face the world. It is we who must seek our own happiness because it is we who control that and no one else. So, go find your happiness, find what makes you tick and do tell me what makes you smile!!

This post is written for Coca-Cola

No comments: